Sunday, March 26, 2006
:: San Diego & Los Angeles ::
Leaving San Francisco at 9am, I arrived at P'Eak's apartment in San Diego at 7pm. (P'Eak is Him's brother.) It was a long, and partly pleasant drive. Here's the reason. The highway #508 and #5 are very, very beautiful. If you every plan to drive on this route, I suggest you pick a nice day, and drive during day time. The scenic views along the 400ish miles will stun you. I wish I could take pictures along the way and share them with you, but, too bad, I couldn't. With a speed limit of 70 mph (and you know not many people really obey the limit), I thought it was a good idea to put all my focus on the steers, and not the camera. :D

However, once I got to LA, the view turned ordinary, and worse than that, the traffic flow became really, really bad. I was stuck about 2 hours on the freeway #405, going less than 10 miles.

I was trying to burn a CD with a semi-primitive tool; I still wonder why that CD didn't work. o_O ???

P'Eak and Him, at a Laos restaurant in San Diego.
พี่เอกและฮิม ที่ร้านลาวใน San Diego แซ่บอีหลี - ดีลิเชียส

Him & Aey at Ruen Pair restaurant in Thai Town, LA.
ฮิม และเอ๋ ที่ร้านเรือนแพ ณ ไทยทาวน์ LA

Ban Khanom Thai. I bought a lot of snacks and dessert back to Pittsburgh -- almost overflew my luggage.
ร้านบ้านขนมไทย ขนมเยอะแยะไปหมด อย่างนี้ต้องโกยซื้อให้เต็มกระเป๋า .. แต่กลับมา pittsburgh ไม่นานก็เกือบหมดแล้ว

A Thai book store (Dokya)
ร้านดอกหญ้า ผมทำบัตรสมาชิกที่นี่ ($15 ตลอดชีพ) แล้วลดราคาได้ 25%
ซื้อหนังสือกลับมาสองเล่ม คือ "รอยเท้าเล็กๆ ของเราเอง" และ "นิยายข้างจอ" โดย วินทร์ เลียววาริณ

ต่อไปก็เป็นร้านต่างๆ ในย่าน Thai Town
(มีมากกว่านี้อีกแยะ, นี่แค่ตัวอย่าง)




ก๋วยเตี๋ยว 3 ชาม $10
ผมทานสองชามอิ่ม เหมาะกับการชวนเพื่อนไปหลายๆ คน จะได้ทานหลายๆ อย่าง

อยู่ใกล้ๆ สนามหลวง ค่าเฟ่ เป็นร้านขายของชำ ไทยบ้าง จีนบ้าง เวียดนามบ้าง ฯลฯ

มวยไทย ก็ต่อยกันที่นี่

Mock at Sanam Luang Cafe.
ผมสั่งน้ำแดงใส่โซดาที่สนามหลวงคาเฟ่ อร่อยมาก นอกจากนั้นพวกเรายังสั่ง คะน้าหมูกรอบ ข้าวมันไก่ ผัดไทยกุ้ง ข้าวเฉโป(หมูกรอบ หมูแดง เป็ด) และอะไรอีกนะ โอ้ย เยอะ จำไม่ได้!

ร้านพี่ใหญ่ อาหารจานใหญ่สมชื่อ ผมสั่งผัดกระเพราไก่สับราดข้าว อร่อยและเผ็ดสะใจ

We bought a lot of food to go from Thai Town, and drove to Santa Barbara. The UCSB was very generous; they reserved a hotel room with double queen beds for me to stay (as a visiting grad student). So, p'Eak, Him, and Aey had a free hotel stay in Santa Barbara that night :)

Posted by Picasa

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?